Saturday, May 1, 2010

I think that old man will not be your...


My stupid Silver Line,

  

 I am telling you a situation which happened last March. I was in my native where my dad runs a small bakery. I was sitting in bakery reading Bhagavad-Gita for a change. Clock was showing 9.30 PM. An old man of 70+ years came to bakery. He asked me to give 'one pound bread'. I just took a bread and started slicing it. He stopped me in the middle and asked to make big slices. I did so. When I was packing he told me “I told you to make big slices because every morning my son or daughter-in-law will give me only 2 pieces of bread. I will still be hungry so don't think bad about me"!!

My mind and hand stroke for a while. After that I took another bread and gave him with big slices. Yes, he paid for the bread and walked away. I came out & saw him till he vanishes from my eye site in dark. My book was closed, my eyes were almost wet. I sat nearly for 15 min without a word from mouth. His approach for bread, his softness and his word “Don’t think bad about me" tortured me a lot. I don't know who he is, I saw him first time in my life that too only for few minutes. I really felt petty on him. Even now I see his face in every aged men.

Why people are so rude to their parents? They took us on this beautiful earth. But why is this negligence on them? Be a good daughter or son for your parents so you will be good citizen next. I think that old man is not your father, father-in-law or grandfather. I expect this at least  from you.



Heartfully,
                                                               Surendra Nadig H M

7 comments:

  1. mind blowing bro really nice one..
    ppls pls respect ur parents..
    god cant be everywher so he created parents to look after us and they are real god so please respect your parents then only ur life will have a meaning..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will not be my father, In-law or will not my grands. I felt sorry on him.. The whole world is like this suri.. We can't change.. Relationships dies.. It may be Parents or what ever.. we r fools.. to be frank.. In your words.. we all are outdated sentimental fools..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya man the whole world is that like da. all r changes after marriage, they even didn't think about their own parents. y all became like this. its god's play

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey suru,,, dont u think thr r many people in the world who are having same problems, I can say u onething,,,,common stop thinking about that and lets create revolution,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks A LOT.. For everyone who called and messaged me about this post.. only 2 paragraph post brought me hundred's of comments. I cleared my mobile inbox twice..one thing to tell you.. We can't change this world suddenly.. but its possible to change.. Help others however you can.. And start growing the flower of love in your heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really heart touching...:(
    Even i have seen many ppl behaving rude to their closed ones which is not fare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its really touching and heaart rendering dat how rude the people are in this world why donot they think that the same age is waiting for them and their children will do the samewd them

    ReplyDelete